New blog post? What a surprise!
Since graduating in May, everything has been non-stop for me. Here’s a rough list of what I’ve done.
- Moved back to New York for a few days.
- Moved in with my wife in DFW, Texas
- Started a temporary optometry position while I waited to get licensed in Texas.
- Got a new (used) car
- Moved again to a new apartment
- Got my optometry license in Texas
- Started work full time as an optometrist
- Vacationed to a cabin in Oklahoma for a weekend
Needless to say, I decided to put my photography in the back seat. Between managing work and my home, I didn’t find joy in taking photographs any more. Do I miss it? Of course. But part of my transition from a student to the “real world” is realizing how valuable time is. It is so frighteningly finite, so I strive to make every minute meaningful. I’m not saying I work every second of the day but instead I choose to work smarter and rest more deliberately. I just haven’t found a way to fit photography in like I used to.
Even throughout the year, I was able to find some opportunities to take pictures. It’s nothing portfolio worthy, but I think it was nice to fall back into that mind space to take photos again for a little bit. I’ll write more about my adventures as soon as I can.
Happy new year everyone. I hope you guys stay safe in 2022.
It’ll get better.
It always does.